When is a "spike" not a spike??......oh that is the question!

Wurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Narcissistic forum members
Main gripe currently is the porridge, i'm spiking up to near 8.5-mmol from 5, then dropping back down quite quickly...which I was considering a win.

Wow, braver than me attempting porridge :- ) I assume your having it for breakfast ? I can't tolerate any carbs until late afternoon otherwise I spike badly.

Exercise is not optional for me and I do it regardless. This morning , on my the 14 km cycle to work, I had to contend with a ~ 40 km headwind , snow and -1 deg C :) Fully agree though, it makes you feel great :-0

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, braver than me attempting porridge :- ) I assume your having it for breakfast ? I can't tolerate any carbs until late afternoon otherwise I spike badly.

Exercise is not optional for me and I do it regardless. This morning , on my the 14 km cycle to work, I had to contend with a ~ 40 km headwind , snow and -1 deg C :) Fully agree though, it makes you feel great :-0

Impressive! Yes, I reluctantly gave up porridge in the mornings. The rise I experience from 4am causes me huge problems. Thought I had cracked it, but this morning our village gardening group went out in the snowy freezing weather to put new compost bins up. By the time I had finished my levels had risen to 19. The Adrenalin and freezing cold scuppered me.