Where are you?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
MORNING! It's 7.21am here in UK now @Kristin251 - are you still up? Fancy some brekkie? I'm about to put some eggs on!

;)

Reactions: ziggy_w

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
why are you all snoring when I want to chat? Ha. I'm just starting to enjoy me evening and you're all gone!! Maybe I should jump over to the pond!!
7:00pm here. Just finished a shift. I am not looking forward to a 6:00am start tomorrow!

Reactions: Snapsy

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
9 am now. Just finished bf.
MORNING! It's 7.21am here in UK now @Kristin251 - are you still up? Fancy some brekkie? I'm about to put some eggs on!

;)
So you're about 7.5 hours ahead of me. Good there's time stamps on posts. When I'm typing at 6 pm it about 1am there right? And when I'm typing in my morning you're late afternoon?
Well at least I have all kinds of threads to read during bf. Haha
I'm here .. it's midday in my neck of the woods!
and you're almost half a day from me.
7:00pm here. Just finished a shift. I am not looking forward to a 6:00am start tomorrow!
6 am is much to early for me these days !! Good luck! Is that your normal time?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Kristin251, how you doin' ? I've noticed that fab new avatar around the site; Sometimes it seems you're awake 24/7!, only coz I've never got round to working out time difference. It's 4.05pm here, and my screen says your last post was an hour ago (so just gone 3pm here), and if it was then 9am where you are, that makes us about 6 hrs apart! Ha! Finally figured it, he he.

I'm just off now for my daily (well, almost daily) hour's walking exercise. bbl.

:)

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251, how you doin' ? I've noticed that fab new avatar around the site; Sometimes it seems you're awake 24/7!, only coz I've never got round to working out time difference. It's 4.05pm here, and my screen says your last post was an hour ago (so just gone 3pm here), and if it was then 9am where you are, that makes us about 6 hrs apart! Ha! Finally figured it, he he.

I'm just off now for my daily (well, almost daily) hour's walking exercise. bbl.

It's complicated isn't it??
I get bored around 9 pm and I think you're all in deep slumber. Wish the forum had an alarm button so I could wake you up to entertain me hehe.

Doing good. Working some of the diabetic mysteries out but then tomorrow will come and it won't mean a thing !! Hope you're well! I just got back from my morning walk. Beautiful day today after our thunderstorms last night. No problem having Mother Nature taking the watering my flowers job off me occasionally!

leslie10152

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance
9 am now. Just finished bf.

So you're about 7.5 hours ahead of me. Good there's time stamps on posts. When I'm typing at 6 pm it about 1am there right? And when I'm typing in my morning you're late afternoon?
Well at least I have all kinds of threads to read during bf. Haha

and you're almost half a day from me.

6 am is much to early for me these days !! Good luck! Is that your normal time?
Infrequently.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @Kristin251 . I'm sometimes on uk night owl thread but lately I've been sleeping throughout the night with no daytime nap. Well off and on.
Can I tag you when I'm night owling?

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It's complicated isn't it??
I get bored around 9 pm and I think you're all in deep slumber. Wish the forum had an alarm button so I could wake you up to entertain me hehe.

Doing good. Working some of the diabetic mysteries out but then tomorrow will come and it won't mean a thing !! Hope you're well! I just got back from my morning walk. Beautiful day today after our thunderstorms last night. No problem having Mother Nature taking the watering my flowers job off me occasionally!

Wow, another new avatar - keeps us all guessing (well, me anyway). So you're not hot & spicy any more; now a cool and sophisticated lady ..... wonder if somebody really carved that pattern into the flesh, or if it's just airpainted onto a photo; doesn't matter either way, it looks good.

I'm into an avocado-fest this week. My local "value" supermarket does what they call "specials" on 2 days a week, which normally includes 5-6 fruit and/or veges at reduced prices for a week. Last week it was avocados, Saw them and I thought "oh great, Kristin would have a field-day with this lot" - so obviously I had to buy a load of them. Well, first I had 6, then a few days later went back for another 10. I tried to find the hardest, unripest ones I could, to ripen them at home. I'm well-stocked for a bit; they should be ok in the fridge so they don't ripen too soon. At around half normal price, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, could I? Would be daft, wouldn't it?

Today's walk was the first one in several days, I'm ashamed to say. It's been so hot here recently, that I've felt like a wet rag most days and couldn't raise the energy to go out. We had rain here as well last night, which cleared the air beautifully and cooled things down a bit. It got warm again this afternoon, but not too hot, and my conscience drove me out - have to say I feel better for it. :angelic: I'm not complaining though, we Brits see too little good weather as it is, so I'm not going to whinge when we get a bit of the decent stuff. Same here about the watering; bedding plants are lovely, but can be such high maintenance. Think I'll stick to evergreens next year!

ttfn

Reactions: ickihun

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow, another new avatar - keeps us all guessing (well, me anyway). So you're not hot & spicy any more; now a cool and sophisticated lady ..... wonder if somebody really carved that pattern into the flesh, or if it's just airpainted onto a photo; doesn't matter either way, it looks good.

I'm into an avocado-fest this week. My local "value" supermarket does what they call "specials" on 2 days a week, which normally includes 5-6 fruit and/or veges at reduced prices for a week. Last week it was avocados, Saw them and I thought "oh great, Kristin would have a field-day with this lot" - so obviously I had to buy a load of them. Well, first I had 6, then a few days later went back for another 10. I tried to find the hardest, unripest ones I could, to ripen them at home. I'm well-stocked for a bit; they should be ok in the fridge so they don't ripen too soon. At around half normal price, I couldn't pass up the opportunity, could I? Would be daft, wouldn't it?

Today's walk was the first one in several days, I'm ashamed to say. It's been so hot here recently, that I've felt like a wet rag most days and couldn't raise the energy to go out. We had rain here as well last night, which cleared the air beautifully and cooled things down a bit. It got warm again this afternoon, but not too hot, and my conscience drove me out - have to say I feel better for it. :angelic: I'm not complaining though, we Brits see too little good weather as it is, so I'm not going to whinge when we get a bit of the decent stuff. Same here about the watering; bedding plants are lovely, but can be such high maintenance. Think I'll stick to evergreens next year!

ttfn
Laughing. Good for you!
I'm not sure if you know this so excuse me if you do but the best way to keep avocados is to ripen them on the counter ( I keep mine in a metal basket where they can breath) until they have just a little 'give'. Then refrigerate them. The refrigeration stops the ripen. I've had as many as 15 ripe!! Better too many than not enough!!!
Push on the ends and in the middle. Sometimes they're so hard to keep up with which is why I usually have quite a few in various stages. Nothing worse than busting open a brown one. And then at the stores it seems you can either push your fingers into mush or they're hard as a rock. Good thing my kids are gone so I can care for them. HA

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Kristin251 . I'm sometimes on uk night owl thread but lately I've been sleeping throughout the night with no daytime nap. Well off and on.
Can I tag you when I'm night owling?
You can tag me anytime!! I don't always check multiple times a day but I'll try to remember to!!

So happy yourndoing so much better!! Sleeping, new insulin etc. Seems your on the right path YAY

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Laughing. Good for you!
I'm not sure if you know this so excuse me if you do but the best way to keep avocados is to ripen them on the counter ( I keep mine in a metal basket where they can breath) until they have just a little 'give'. Then refrigerate them. The refrigeration stops the ripen. I've had as many as 15 ripe!! Better too many than not enough!!!
Push on the ends and in the middle. Sometimes they're so hard to keep up with which is why I usually have quite a few in various stages. Nothing worse than busting open a brown one. And then at the stores it seems you can either push your fingers into mush or they're hard as a rock. Good thing my kids are gone so I can care for them. HA

Oh crumbs! I've been doin' it all wrong :rolleyes: I've been working on the theory that the fridge would cause the ripening to slow down, and I can have one a day as they gradually come into ripeness. Shall have to go & take 'em out and do it properly :sorry: Many thanks.

Reactions: ickihun

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh crumbs! I've been doin' it all wrong :rolleyes: I've been working on the theory that the fridge would cause the ripening to slow down, and I can have one a day as they gradually come into ripeness. Shall have to go & take 'em out and do it properly :sorry: Many thanks.

If that works for you then do it!! They do ripen slightly more in the fridge but when I've put them in hard and green they never ripen.
If you want to try the artwork in my avatar t should be medium ripe haha

Salvia

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If that works for you then do it!! They do ripen slightly more in the fridge but when I've put them in hard and green they never ripen.
If you want to try the artwork in my avatar t should be medium ripe haha

Thanks Kristin, mine are hard & green at the moment, so I think it's probably best to take them out the fridge for a day or so at least. I'll keep checking them to see how they go. Guess I'll give the artwork a miss, though. Not my forte sadly.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not my forte either. Scoop and shovel.

I would suggest taking them out for a few days until they give a bit.

As I've said, they do need some nurturing which people don't like to do. Me included but I do it anyway!! It's not that hard, just remembering to check them is a task haha