Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Up until now I've been using ground almonds then whizzing them in a liquidiser to grind them up a bit but Mr C has been coming up with loads of recipes he wants to cook using super fine almond flour so I thought I'd get some in. Wow! Its expensive stuff!!

Any suggestions?

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Check Ebay, some bargains come up now and again. I've just bought some well cheap off there, good stuff too.

Reactions: Chook

clairese

Hello. I've been using almond flour a lot but buy ground almonds and mostly use it as it is. Makes great cheese scones to have with soup! I buy from Real Foods http://www.realfoods.co.uk because the bigger quantity you buy the cheaper it is, so 500g is about £6. 50. They are great for all sorts of things, coconut flakes for making granola and assorted grains and fruit for my husband's muesli. I find coconut flour a little too strongly flavoured for savoury things. Good luck with the cooking; it's fun experimenting to see what works.

Reactions: Chook

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Hello. I've been using almond flour a lot but buy ground almonds and mostly use it as it is. Makes great cheese scones to have with soup! I buy from Real Foods http://www.realfoods.co.uk because the bigger quantity you buy the cheaper it is, so 500g is about £6. 50. They are great for all sorts of things, coconut flakes for making granola and assorted grains and fruit for my husband's muesli. I find coconut flour a little too strongly flavoured for savoury things. Good luck with the cooking; it's fun experimenting to see what works.
Mr. Chook has bought a kilo of the Real Foods superfine almond flour through eBay. Very expensive but hopefully worth it.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)