Where do you keep everything?

Hazza

As the title says, we have all sorts of boxes and bags and goodness knows what else and we have some on top of a cupboard and some inside. My wife gets really peed off with it all and says anyone would think she was terninally ill.
Do you have a dedicated cupboard or is it just where it will fit?
Looking for suggestions here but got to say that space is limited.
:(

Harry

ams162

Type of diabetes
Type 1
hiya

we have a cupboard in out living room with two doors both sides are used for all dylans sets, blood testes etc and then he has a drawer in the fridge too there is loads of stuff especially since going onto a pump. did my first order two days ago so sure my cupboard will be filled when it arrives

anna mari

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
We have a cupboard in the kitchen above the sink which always stored Jess' diabetes stuff plus any other first aid and medicines. It also had other stuff in it like placemats etc but that all had to be cleared out when she went onto the pump. There is so much more stuff now, like you say lots of boxes. We use an old wooden bread box (sitting on a shelf in that cupboard) to store the little loose things, then the rest is boxes of infusion sets, cartridges, test strips etc. The fridge has a little compartment in the door (egg box) where insulin, glucagen etc is stored).

Hazza

Thanks for the replies, I now have some ammo for when Liz starts saying it will have to be cleared out and put somewhere else. I think that it needs to be somewhere handy and accesible and the kitchen is ideal for us as we don't have any cupboards in the living room.
We also have a compartment (egg tray) in the fridge with insulin, glucagon etc.
Liz likes the minimalist approach so all the boxes etc do her head in, I can live with it so I get a lot of stick :( .
I must make an effort though to tidy it up a bit and put it out of sight.

Harry

iHs

This is making me :lol: :lol:

I have got a huge bag upstairs in my back bedroom for all the sets etc.

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
i keep everything in a baby box, it's a johnsons plastic baby box that came with allsorts of baby stuff but is pretty deep and has a little shelf sort of thing which i put needles in and lancets. it also sort of locks so if its knocked over everything wont spill out, i keep it in my room and if im going somwehere for a weekend or a week i simply pick up the box :) it's also purple so doesnt look very medical either :)

anniep

I'm T2 so it is mainly umpteen boxes of things which I keep on atops shelf in a kitchen cupboard out of hte way of small fingers.

My mum was insulin dependant and ended up buying herself a small chest of 3 drawers to keep close to hand in her living room, but tidied away.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It's a good idea to be fairly organised in where the supplies are kept and also to keep your cupboard well stocked. I always think that if there was some sort of emergency and we had to leave the house quickly I'd go straight to the cupboard and fridge and put the lot in a bag. I always try to keep it well stocked too incase there was a supply problem. Once I went to the pharmacy for needles, in the injection days, and they didn't have any left. They also said there was a manufacturing problem and they didn't know when they'd get the next delivery. Another two pharmacies said the same thing. Lucky I was able to find one pharmacy that still had stock but never again will I allow stocks to run down so low at home. I think I had enough needles to get me through one more day if I hadn't managed to get more.

sugar2

I am lucky and have a cupboard for my "pump stuff and other first aid bits. It has a lock on it, to keep my 2 year old...he is fascinated with my blood glucose meeter, if he gets hold of it, he puts it to hos ear like a phone!

For a child, i would go for a box, or a trunk, that could be used as a stool or something in her bedroom, or even a divan drawer under her bed or something...accessable, but out of the way?

spideog

Just have boxes of needles, lancets and test strips lying all over the place. Have at various times tried to organise myself a bit better, but that just tends to result in me having more boxes of stuff in more places.

leggott

With 3 type 1's in my house, we have to be organised! We to have a drawer in the kitchen and one shelf in the fridge for insulin.

MegaMan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not much I'm easy going :D
My house is like a pharmacy, the cops will be round one day thinking I’m a dealer or something :mrgreen:

MushyPeaBrain

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My insulin is in a bag in the fridge, with one vial out at room temp in the medicine cupboard.

One sharps bin in the kitchen, one in bedroom.

Blood test kit and box of needles on dining table (which hubby always moans about :oops: ).

Boxes of cannulas, resevoirs etc in the corner of our little bedroom/office upstairs.

:D