Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done!!!

Those results are amazing

Have you started eating again now? ;)
Seriously though - tell us how you did it. Those are really impressive test results. Hope you are chuffed?

this is too difficult two

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I got the results of some of my blood tests today. Fasting glucose=5.8. HbA1c= 35. (Was 38 in June).
Still waiting for B12 result.
Well done!!!

Seriously though - tell us how you did it. Those are really impressive test results. Hope you are chuffed?
Actually I have been eating more carbs recently. Occasionally I go to 30-35g per meal . I'm not happy with the results I get sometimes but HbA1c seems to be none the worse for it.
Well done!!!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome back TITD. We missed you.
Splendid results. Well done. Just shows you shouldn't be too hard on yourself when you take readings.
I hope you get your no-pain sensations sorted quickly.

Reactions: 2 people

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
so had the GTT and passed apparently I am cured. 18 at one hour does not seem entirely normal though.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
so had the GTT and passed apparently I am cured. 18 at one hour does not seem entirely normal though.

No. Something definitely not 'normal' there!

Are you low carbing?
It can reduce or 'switch off' the rapid (primary) insulin response, so you spike quickly, but then the secondary response kicks in, and the BG drops.

Eating more carbs (reintroducing them slowly and gradually) can switch the primary response back on.

But if you are already eating carbs, then none of that is relevant...

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
its me hon. lost my password and found this my original account which made it seem difficult
oops seems obvious to me . This is too difficult lost my password and found the original account that seemed too difficult,

beardie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
its me hon. lost my password and found this my original account which made it seem difficult
oops seems obvious to me . This is too difficult lost my password and found the original account that seemed too difficult,
Sorry "this is too difficult" as I make obvious frequently.