where to start

lacerta

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi,
I received my lab tests, but my visit to doc is only in a month and I'm too anxious to wait. From the lab tests I see that I have multiple things out of normal range and would most probably fit into pre-diabetes range
fasting glucose 5,7
a1c 6,4
insulin 32
homa insulin resistance 8,1
ALAT 41
also high cholesterol and LDL cholesterol.

I have a glycometer as previously I was borderline for gestatinal diabetis, so should I start checking my levels? How often would be the best?
Going through the forums I see that most people suggest low carb diet. Does it mean no grain products at all, even whole-meal ones? Is it safe to go on this diet as I see that liver analysis ALAT is bit too elevated?

Thank you in advance

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi and welcome. The HBa1C and fasting results are fairly good. I don't know what the insulin and insulin resistance results mean; same for ALAT. Don't worry about total cholesterol but you need to know LDL, HDL and Trigs ratios. Yes, do use the meter to check your levels from time to time 2 hours after a meal. It's best not to think of low-carbing as a diet but a change in lifestyle 'forever'. It doesn't mean no carbs but just keep the daily total down. All grains are carbs. Make up with proteins and fats as well as veg and non-tropical fruit.