Where To Wear Omnipod

laurakirkup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all,

I am getting the omnipod at the end of this month, I can't wait but am worrying about where to wear it.
I have seen most people wear on their stomach which is fine, but I have a 14month old cocker spaniel who is always jumping up for cuddles and play time. This has never worried me before but I don't want it to get knocked off when this happens!
I also work with young children a lot who tend to climb all over me, (as little kids do!) and I just want to know where people have found the safest place to wear the pod is and also how durable it is with regards to withstanding knocks and bumps?
I know this will all be gone over once I get the pump but I like to be prepared and am researching in advance now!
Thanks for reading,

Laura

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Not having good chocolate, and not cycling
Plant it on the back of your arm. The controller will insert the cannula so you won’t have to contort, bend, or flex to insert an infusion set for this. Just stick it down on your skin, pinch up the skin, and then use the controller to insert the cannula. It’s a piece of cake kind of easy. And you won’t need a chip clip to do it.

I’d also say to plant the pod so that the cannula is at the top. When I did it the other way (cannula at the bottom) and when I ran it felt like the cannula was hammering into my arm by the wgt of the pod above. When I flipped it around, the wgt tried to pulled it down and out, which isn’t painful.

Reactions: laurakirkup

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The back of the arm was one of my favorite spots for a pod when I was using them!

Reactions: laurakirkup

Jollymon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
If you run, plant the pod with the cannula towards the top of the arm! :bag:

laurakirkup

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you run, plant the pod with the cannula towards the top of the arm! :bag:
Thank you! Not so much running but dancing and yoga, will bear it in mind when planting! I am going on holiday for two weeks one week into being on the pump so I will have time to work it out without the pressure of everyday life which should help!