Where's the best place to inject insulin and what to eat to lower blood sugars

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@AndBreathe I feel better than ever. I've had the lovely support from my university friends and more importantly my soul mate who has been by my side through the worst of it all.

Other changes in my life has been having a data entry job since July, so no more going the job centre, work programme and a temporary relief from the stress and depression of searching and applying for countless jobs.

I monitor my blood sugars constantly and I've only had them really high twice in 6 months, but they were due to being ill. I'm not strict on how high I want them to be, but anything in double digits, I make sure I take action on it. I haven't gone completely low carb, but I've reduced my intake to a acceptable level and set myself a few days in a month where I look forward to having some carbs, such as my mum's cooking when she has days off. Even then I don't have as much carbs as instead of having just a big slice of lasagna or shepherds pie, I have smaller portions plated with lots of kale, cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers, onions or mushrooms. I no longer eat cereal, instead it's poached eggs on top of a half of lidl's high protein rolls. I've cut out all sauces and condiments apart from mayo and I stock up on different meats, fish and cheeses. So yeah everything is great.

Gosh - You sound totally different. I'm pleased you're feeling so much better.

Whilst I'm sure it isn't the main reason you're feeling so much better, having a job will have helped no end, in that you will have a decent structure to your days (needing to get to work on time), I'm guessing it also limites your nibbling time to an extent, and of course having a few pounds in your pocket can make the world seem a more kindly place.

I'm sure as time moves on you'll keep learning about your diabetes, and hopefully you'll keep trimming up a bit more.

Very well down. Keep fighting the good fight. :)

On an aside, did you realise the OP on this thread must live pretty close to you, and is about the same age? What's in the water where you live?