1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Whey protein based drinks

Discussion in 'Food, Nutrition and Recipes' started by garrycrone, Jan 31, 2009.

1. garrycrone

garrycrone Type 2 · Active Member

Has anyone got any experience with whey protein based drinks. I regularly see them in my local gym and wondered if anyone had tried them or had any info. The web has various testimonials etc and general info but I always prefer the advise of forum members on subjects like this.

Many thanks.

2. Katharine

Katharine · Well-Known Member

I use whey protein powder for making low carb cakes and biscuits!

I also use them when I come home from work and am hungry but want to work out. They quickly suppress my hunger and my belly is not bagged up enough to stop me working out. They can be used before or after workouts to build muscle. I also use them for packed lunches. My favourite one is Holland and Barrett's "Very Berry" for drinking. For baking I use vanilla flavour. I have no idea why this happens but the chocolate flavour makes me constipated. (I know! Too much information!).

If you do buy wait for Holland and Barrett's half price promotions as the tubs are very expensive.

3. Patch

Patch Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hey Katharine - I'd love to see a recipe for lo-carb bisuits. They sound lovely...

4. garrycrone

garrycrone Type 2 · Active Member

Many thanks, I'll give one a go.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook