Which app to use for Bolus/Basal calculations

DarBas25

Hi everyone
I am the parent of a newly diagnosed T1 11 year old girl.
Whilst she has taken to the changes like a duck to water, and the support we have had so far is fantastic. We are really struggling with the app the diabetic team suggested we use, “MyLife”.

Whilst it does the calculations correctly, I have created an account so that both me and her mum can check on her levels and dosage whilst she’s at school, her mums house, my house etc.
But the account function of the app is very poor. It takes ages to update, I often don’t have visibility of her last 2 or 3 checks. This is causing a great deal of worry for us whilst she is at school.
What other apps does anyone use?
Does anyone use MyLife and have the same issues?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Hi everyone
I am the parent of a newly diagnosed T1 11 year old girl.
Whilst she has taken to the changes like a duck to water, and the support we have had so far is fantastic. We are really struggling with the app the diabetic team suggested we use, “MyLife”.

Whilst it does the calculations correctly, I have created an account so that both me and her mum can check on her levels and dosage whilst she’s at school, her mums house, my house etc.
But the account function of the app is very poor. It takes ages to update, I often don’t have visibility of her last 2 or 3 checks. This is causing a great deal of worry for us whilst she is at school.
What other apps does anyone use?
Does anyone use MyLife and have the same issues?

I think any answer would depend on the hardware your daughter is using.

Taka a look at this page whilst you're waiting for further responses.

Reactions: DarBas25