1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Which Finger?

Discussion in 'Blood Glucose Monitoring' started by dtennant9, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Geordie_P

Geordie_P Type 2 · Well-Known Member

6 years is probably too late to reply, but I am another one who finds the sides hurt more. My left hand fingertips are possibly a little callused from years of mandolin and banjo, so that might be why, but I tend to go for the tip, slightly off centre, with the first choice digit being the ring finger.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Ouch doesn't that hurt more than fingers or am I just being a whimp

3. Lainie71

Lainie71 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Nothing like trying to scare the living **** out of a person eh - what happened to bedside manner :rolleyes:

4. jonathan183

jonathan183 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Dr Bernstein's diabetes solution shows side of fingers (around the tip but not on the pad) but also top side of fingers between first and 2nd knuckle - I never managed to get the top side of fingers to work but might work for you. He also shows little finger and thumb ... tried the little finger but it hurt more than others so did not do that again :(

Any time I have been to hospital they insist on doing the middle of the pad and that hurts :(

5. Riva_Roxaban

Riva_Roxaban Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I use all fingers and thumbs to get samples, I start with the thumb and work through the fingers. I then go to the next hand and rinse and repeat. I find this gives the fingers / thumbs time to recover.

Last time I was in hospital, I got the nurses to use my Fastclix lancing device instead of the thingy they used.

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook