Which Medication Is Best?

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just want to thank you all for you replies, your info and your knowledge! It feels like it’s finally “clicked” for me! Am back on track and medication is in the bin, don’t think I’ll be needing that. 1 tablet was enough for me.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

ROSIE1988

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having seen my grandmother dying from the complications of type two - I will only ask - you think this is hard?

hello

please can you tell me when your grandmother had T2 - what year was she diagnosed etc?

what were her treatments etc?

did she have other health problems?

thank you

MKD75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
hello

please can you tell me when your grandmother had T2 - what year was she diagnosed etc?

what were her treatments etc?

did she have other health problems?

thank you

My Nan passed in 1999 from heart failure after being diagnosed in 1997. We only found out she had it after she developed gangrene in 2 of her toes and had to have them Removed but thinking back to the late 80’s/early 90’s, she had the most obvious symptoms for years! Always weeing, always thirsty, lost lots of weight, always complaining her feet and toes were burning. None of us realised and she never ever went to the doctors. After the amputation she was told what she could and couldn’t eat from a health visitor who came around each week to test her blood with a finger pricker but she never took medication, not sure what the options were back then? Lord only knows what her hpa1c would have been! It Must have been high for years and years.