Which pump?

mandedog

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I live in Canada. Diagnosed Type 1 10 months ago just after my 60th birthday. I have been using MDI and Freestyle Libre since diagnosis but get a lot of highs and lows. A pump has been suggested to help regulate my blood sugar. I have 2 possible choices- Omnipod or Medtronic 670g. Omnipod is covered by the government health scheme. Medtronic is covered if your endo makes a case for it (which mine would) and it is approved. I have been getting some lows during the night so tend to go to bed with high blood sugar to avoid dropping too low. I am quite technically challenged so need some advice about the best choice for me. I would like something that is looped so would warn me if I am going low (or high). I have heard that there is some technology which means you can loop the Omnipod. Does anyone have experience with this? If so, is it expensive, is it reliable and is it easy to use?
Although I could possibly get the Medtronic covered, unfortunately I would have to pay for the sensors. I had thought of a Dexcom 6 but that is also not covered.