Who’s frustrate with T2?

IrishPhil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have T2 and it annoys the hell out of me.
I train in gym I run and I try my best with food.
For 3 years I had BG levels around 48-51 for my Hb1ac tests.
Now it back up to 71.
I lost my Step father to cancer 12 weeks ago after a good fight that he had with it for 6 months. Now am caring for my I’ll mother along with being a husband, dad ,work and a P/T PhD.
Is it stress that is elevating my BG?
Any ideas?
Thank you in advance.
Phil

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry to hear what you're going through & yes, stress can be a significant factor.
However 51 to 71 is a significant jump without some obvious change of lifestyle, diet or meds.
First thing I would do is ask my doctor for a fasting insulin or c-peptide test, this will establish if you are producing sufficient insulin.
Have you been self testing during this time, did you know your numbers were increasing ?

Best of luck finding answers.

Reactions: IrishPhil and filly

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As well as stress likely being a factor, it may be you need to review what food you’re eating. When we are running about caring for everyone else it’s easy for this to slide into quick easy and terrible for blood glucose options. And what is widely considered to be good food isn’t always true for blood glucose control.

Whats a typical days food? Are you on medication?

IrishPhil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thanks guys.

Yes I need to take care of myself better. I have been told that many times.

I will get my food back on track and look out for better results. Thank you.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I train in gym I run and I try my best with food.
A lot of what we were told was "healthy " eating - whole grains, fruit etc - has turned out not to be so good for t2s.
What are you eating?
Exercise is useful, but is really only an add on to low carb eating. It may be that you have been exercising to counteract a bad (for diabetics) diet