Who knows what?

Having been to a Hospital for Kidney Stones I received a Registered Doctor's assessment. I've just received a letter from the hospital
Oddly I'm down as a 44 Year-old, but I will be 70 on 19/May.
He also thinks I'm a T2, actually T1 for the past 35 years. He also says he advised me to drink Cranberry Juice, but no such conversation took place. Plus most Diabetes knows Cranberry Juice is full of added sugar.
It doesn't fill one with confidence if doctors get the basics so wrong.
Anyway, I've got to go back for another scan, it will be interesting how they describe me in another 6 weeks. They may have shaved off a few more years

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having been to a Hospital for Kidney Stones I received a Registered Doctor's assessment. I've just received a letter from the hospital
Oddly I'm down as a 44 Year-old, but I will be 70 on 19/May.
He also thinks I'm a T2, actually T1 for the past 35 years. He also says he advised me to drink Cranberry Juice, but no such conversation took place. Plus most Diabetes knows Cranberry Juice is full of added sugar.
It doesn't fill one with confidence if doctors get the basics so wrong.
Anyway, I've got to go back for another scan, it will be interesting how they describe me in another 6 weeks. They may have shaved off a few more years
8d contact them and ask if there's any chance it's the wrong letter, and you've received someone else's?
8ts been known to happen

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had someone else's notes attached to mine. The doctor was adamant that I had epilepsy. I didn't.

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was given someone else’s results once a couple of years ago, and many years ago a receptionist imparted some correct results over the phone to my hubby that was devastating news - should only have been told by a doctor, he phoned up to book an appointment and she said oh no need I have your results here then just blurted them out. Wasn’t life threatening but totally life changing - we actually made an official complaint but all she got was a rap on the knuckles

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I review the notes and summaries in the online, portal after my medical visits and it’s amazing how often mistakes are made. I inform them to correct it some of the time.