Whole diabetes is a mess/in Denial

Sheffield27

Hi Kieran,

Sorry to join the party late, but I have just wrote a thread which I was hoping people in your situation will read,

I was (being the operative word, im trying to move forward) in exactly the same boat as you and a month a go i was told i had to go for laser eye surgery as my diabetes was out of control. Please dont wait for the the wake up call! There are really small steps such as doing a blood test! that can dramatically improve your control, I hadnt tested for years till the last month and im already realising I was doing probably about 50% of the insulin I should be!

Remember the horror stories but its important to know this, In the short month I have been controlling i feel totally different, I have more energy I have lost wait and already I feel more comfortable with managing the condition,

Piece of advice, take small steps you wont completely reverse years of bad habbits over night, start by seeing your GP and seeing where your "start point" is and start testing. Everything else will follow suit.

Good luck!