Type 1 Why am I getting colds all the time?

victry77

Since March last year its just not stopped

I would usually get a couple of head colds per year. Three if I was unlucky. But since last March, I've had six colds and I'm certain I feel number seven coming on!

I was really hit hard between May - June. I couldn't tell whether I had three back to back colds or it was the same virus seemingly going but then returning.

I posted about it here and someone asked how my gut health was. I thought that was interesting as I had been quite sluggish and constipated. I sorted that out and made big improvements, but then was hit with another heavy cold in September, needing more time off work.

Exactly two months later, in Nov, another cold.

Last month, Jan, yet another cold.

Now, my throat is feeling a little sore on one side and my nose is getting twitchy. I can't cope with another one. They totally exhaust me.

My blood sugar is the same as it always is, with no ongoing highs. I don't have allergies. I've taken courses of multi-vits/vit C. I have good hand hygiene. Diet is good. Gut health good. Vit D is normal. I'm not stressed. I had a full blood count done as part of my diabetic appt at my GP surgery and it was all normal.

I know there is always stuff going around, but I dont understand why I'm suddenly coming down so often with all these colds. It's really getting me down now.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar or can offer any advice.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find that taking Echinacea for instance Echinaforce at the first sign of a cold helps ,also I take it permanently during the (cold season) and it seems to keep the bugs away !
Carol

victry77

Yes, I keep meaning to get some echinacea. I think I more bothered, though, that I suddenly seem more susceptible to getting them in the first place.

It's just colds, they never develop into chest or sinus infections, never get sickness bugs, etc, just colds but they are driving me around the bend.