1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Why can't i reverse virus effects on bg readings?

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ellit, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Ellit

Ellit Type 2 · Active Member

I'm type 2 and have managed to maintain my hba1c between 7.1- 7.4 for 9 years which i thought was pretty good.I've been on gliclazide.
    5 months ago i had a viral illness fluey type thing which literally knocked me out for a whole week.
    Suddenly my readings are up and my hbaic comes in at 10.6.My gliclazide is doubled to the highest dose and 3 months later my hba1c is still 10.2.
    Now i'm on gliclazide plus forxiga in the hope i can prevent having to go on insulin.
    But my readings still aren't low enough and now i have another viral infection plus thrush and i'm feeling cr*p!My immune system is so low i'm getting everything thats going.
    Can i be doing anything else? Does anyone have any advice ? I really don't want to go on insulin.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook