Why does my vision go blurry when my blood sugar is 150-210? Insulin doesn't do anything after it's been triggered.

cmx9

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
After I sleep, it goes back to normal, but if I eat a heavy carb meal, I'm screwed for hours. I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't eat but it keeps happening. I've been cooking most of my meals, but it seems any kind of flour-based bread is too much for me. I've also increased my insult from 5 units to 10, but I've only been able to get my blood sugar below 120 once.

Reactions: MissMuffett

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After I sleep, it goes back to normal, but if I eat a heavy carb meal, I'm screwed for hours. I'm trying to figure out what I can and can't eat but it keeps happening. I've been cooking most of my meals, but it seems any kind of flour-based bread is too much for me. I've also increased my insult from 5 units to 10, but I've only been able to get my blood sugar below 120 once.

Have you considered giving up flour based breads to see if this makes any difference? If you have an issue with gluten in the flour, it can take a couple of weeks to notice any difference.

• Agree
Reactions: MissMuffett

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was thinking more along the lines of no bread.

I am gluten-free on the advice of my Endo, but even before that advice, I hadn't eaten bread for years. It wasn't my thing, so it wasn't hard to give up.
Looking at the ingredients of your suggested alternative contains so many ingredients and 13gr of carb per slice, so still a bit of a carb hot if you are trying to limit your carb intake.

Reactions: HSSS