why eat?

Footrest

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well, where do I start!

Talk about beating myself up!

When first diagnosed, I read on the forum about how to do this, that , the other, trying to get my daily food to be under 20g of carbs every day, and then record everything, every bite, every morsel, in my own home made food diary, because at that time I was eating seven or eight meals a day!
I would shop for everything, nothing would go in the trolley that wasn't right for my plan of meals, which was listed, also because of lack of funds, no work at the time, every pound was accounted for.
I listed, I weighed, I cooked everything fresh, I ate, I tested, I recorded everything!
I washed the dishes from me and the wife's meals, then go for a walk to make sure my blood glucose levels would not rise.
My regimentation, lasted for about three months, until I knew that ketosis was established, my weight had dropped, my insulin resistance and blood glucose levels were in normal range, and I was feeling better.
I believe I had to do this, as I believe, I had no choice.
There was not a lot of information out there!

Now I just don't have to eat at all!

I still record when I feel the need to or try something new.

I don't think about food much now!

My body tells me when something isn't right!

Small low carbs meals and intermittent fasting is just the right way to maintain my health!

And I'm not obsessed, just a little bit weird!
This approach definitely worked for me too when I was on vlcd- only problem was eventually I became emaciated and weak. Ketosis is a superb tool but for me it cannot be sustained beyond 6 months - whilst in ketosis however every single ailment I had disappeared and many have never since returned.
Good luck

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This approach definitely worked for me too when I was on vlcd- only problem was eventually I became emaciated and weak. Ketosis is a superb tool but for me it cannot be sustained beyond 6 months - whilst in ketosis however every single ailment I had disappeared and many have never since returned.
Good luck
Is your VLCD very low calorie or very low carb?
Ketosis is achievable via the latter protocol for far longer than 6 months.

Kristin251

Expert
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Good luck
Were you eating enough healthy fats? That a key roll in ketosis