1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Why me

Discussion in 'Type 2 with Insulin' started by Pennyz, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Pennyz

Pennyz Type 2 · Newbie

My sister drinks at least 9 cans of lager a night, when we were kids she ate sugar sandwiches and used to melt sugar on toast, yet i am the one with diabetes, i take sukkarto 2 x 1000mg a day with main meal and am on humalin insulin injections twice a day, i hate this, i find it hard to control my diet, i have piled the weight on since diagnosis, not newly diagnosed, i actually feel like giving up with it all, i cant be the only person that feels like this.

• Hug Hug x 4
  2. woldsway

woldsway Type 2 · Active Member

O my, how I relate to this. I was diagnosed 10 years ago, am on gliclazide and since last December humalin too. I have also put loads of weight on since starting the insulin and am very tired and depressed with it all, not even wanting to test my BG anymore as its always high. The nurse says its ok the dose I'm on and won't let me up it.
    I really do know how you feel, if you find the answer do let me know!

3. Mep

Mep Type 2 · Well-Known Member

It is sure frustrating... but just keep at it... that's the best you can do. I also am having a rough time as I've been in 3 car accidents in past 8 months so dealing with injuries and also getting sick on top of my usual illnesses. I currently have a sinus infection and it's making my sugar swing... but mostly high side. Then pain also makes my sugar go high too.... equally if I'm having a migraine I can be easily hypo'ing and the symptoms are similar so I'm testing more. But basically I can't seem to get a happy medium... dealing with a bit that is impacting my diabetes. At least know you're not alone and you have lots of support here on this forum. I wish you the best. :)

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook