Why night pain feels worse or unexplainable.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Everything strikes at night time, no matter if it's pain, cramps, or emergencies.

I have had toothache, conjunctivitis (from arc welding flashes earlier in the day) start at night. I have been through several cat four tropical cyclones that have crossed the coast where I live at night time.

The building that has just collapsed in Florida happened at night, as have other disastrous fires in hi rise apartments.

Cockroaches come out at night plus other bitey insects also. :D

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Yes isn't it strange how everything seems worse at night !

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yes isn't it strange how everything seems worse at night !
I think it's when our body is trying to relax into sleep mode but our mind can work against us. If we let it. But yes I believe more deaths through the night period per time zones. Our mind is stronger than the rest of our body.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Myself I take Amitriptyline before bed to help with nerve pain so I can settle down for sleep. My body would just do 36hrs flat before sleep if I didn't have help to switch off. My mind seems to be more alert now than ever. A disabled son who needs me most nights is my priority. I get as much sleep as I can at night but can catch up if it's badly affected. I'm recovering from the removal of my gallbladder so at last found the right amount of pillows and temperature/which quilt helps with sweats. Isn't our weather from red hot to cold too quickly? Temperature affects my sleep hugely but sciatica pain hits too easily in a chilly morning. Sciatica pain has effected me far worse at night lately. Not as much at the beginning of suffering with it. Daytime was truly misable without the right meds for me.
I must remind the part where it says overdoses are more in the night than other times. The article says its because opiods aren't needed as much in the night and by taking same amount as the day can cause overdosing.
Hense I will be trying less tramadol on my night dose first..... when I'm ready.
Anybody been told by any pain managers in their health provider settings, the same?