WHY WHY WHY

speedboy21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all,

I was really good at beginning of my diagnosis and lost nearly 2 stone and was very strict. I got a great report from my 3 month review and going great guns on all fronts. Now I have put a stone back on and eating like an idiot again. Any help would be appreciated on how I get, and keep on trrck!!!!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Get back on the waggon. Go back to the basics of counting carbs and watching what you eat. This is a marathon, we are in it for the long haul so don't beat yourself up for getting sidetracked because it happens to us all at times. Put this blip behind you and put your best foot forward.

Ok, too many metaphores but you get the message :)

blanc71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We are only human.
You have realized you've side tracked ,get back on the wagon.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You changed your way of life once and it paid dividends and you can do it again. If you have Diabetes control is King. Believe in yourself and get support on the forum.

S

Sean01

Hi all,

I was really good at beginning of my diagnosis and lost nearly 2 stone and was very strict. I got a great report from my 3 month review and going great guns on all fronts. Now I have put a stone back on and eating like an idiot again. Any help would be appreciated on how I get, and keep on trrck!!!!
Simple Answer: MISSION CREEP.
Let me explain:
Day 1 of diagnosis.........fear?? desire to get on the right path? beat this illness etc etc. But as time goes on, we all loose our tight grasp of our initial good intentions. We become complacent.

So your question is as you point out: how do I get on track and keep on track?

I live for having one PERFECT DAY and to have that, I prefer to have a ROUTINE. I don't even deviate at the week ends - which really annoys my wife as she can not understand why I get up so early when I could have a lie in. I tackle my T2 by eating certain foods at certain times of day. The same applies to exercise, blood testing etc.

You obviously know what works for you. This time round, keep a diary, food, times, blood tests, moods etc. See what works and focus on that. Exercise routinely - whatever floats your boat as long as it burns calories, gets the blood pumping and helps build or maintain muscle mass - so focus on gym work, swimming etc rather than frisbee or chess! and walk - every day - it's amazingly beneficial.

Once you get that PERFECT DAY, learn how to repeat it and have two or 3 or 4 perfect days in a row.

Small steps, just don't stop and every now and then, take time to review the mission statement and check that you are not drifting off course.

Good luck
Sean (T2 Oct 15) met time release, a lot of exercise and diet.