Will a new miaomiao require starting from scratch?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Have used a miaomiao for nearly 2 years, but recently it won't stay connected, so assume the battery is failing. If I start using a new one, will I have to start setting it up from scratch, or will it just connect as per the initial one?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If the battery is failing, it does not stay charged for long.
You should see the battery life falling fast before you lose connection.

If you lose connection, it could be your phone.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Have used a miaomiao for nearly 2 years, but recently it won't stay connected, so assume the battery is failing. If I start using a new one, will I have to start setting it up from scratch, or will it just connect as per the initial one?

Hi,

What reader are you using? Xdrip, Glimp, or Tomato..
Is there a pattern. Like in your home but OK outside? Have you recently changed or purchased a new Bluetooth or wifi device? "Alexa.?" iPad?
Maybe in the car? Is the car Bluetooth bells & whisles audio sytem connectable?

Have you gone into "systems apps" on your device, (phone.) found Bluetooth & cleared the cache & memory. Then restarted?

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
If the battery is failing, it does not stay charged for long.
You should see the battery life falling fast before you lose connection.

If you lose connection, it could be your phone.
It says it's 100% charged, but then within a very short times it's down to 70 or 60 and isn't connected. It will only reconnect when I put the charger on the miaomiao connected to me, but then doesn't stay connected when I take the charger off. Funnily enough it stayed connected for 5 minutes tonight just after my initial post!! It's as if it doesn't have enough power to connect without the charger connected to it on my arm. Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi,

What reader are you using? Xdrip, Glimp, or Tomato..
Is there a pattern. Like in your home but OK outside? Have you recently changed or purchased a new Bluetooth or wifi device? "Alexa.?" iPad?
Maybe in the car? Is the car Bluetooth bells & whisles audio sytem connectable?

Have you gone into "systems apps" on your device, (phone.) found Bluetooth & cleared the cache & memory. Then restarted?
I'm using Xdrip+ It's the same everywhere, although to begin with it would connect when out of the house easier. Haven't bought anything new, car doesn't have Bluetooth, really old. Don't own anything else Bluetooth apart from an old iPad. but it keeps trying to connect to everything Bluetooth next door. I live in an older semi detached house with fairly thick walls between us, and don't know if there's a way to stop it trying to do this?

Have gone into "systems app" but can't find Bluetooth at the moment sorry. It's a Sony Xperia zx1 compact phone. Will try again tomorrow. Really appreciate your help, thanks.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm using Xdrip+ It's the same everywhere, although to begin with it would connect when out of the house easier. Haven't bought anything new, car doesn't have Bluetooth, really old. Don't own anything else Bluetooth apart from an old iPad. but it keeps trying to connect to everything Bluetooth next door. I live in an older semi detached house with fairly thick walls between us, and don't know if there's a way to stop it trying to do this?

Have gone into "systems app" but can't find Bluetooth at the moment sorry. It's a Sony Xperia zx1 compact phone. Will try again tomorrow. Really appreciate your help, thanks.

Hi again..

Process of elimination.. the iPad. If you are using it? Try putting the device in "airplane" mode or turn off. ? Oddly. i own a first gen iPad mini. Have you inadvertently changed any settings in xDrip that may possibly coincide with you recent issue??

It says it's 100% charged, but then within a very short times it's down to 70 or 60 and isn't connected. It will only reconnect when I put the charger on the miaomiao connected to me, but then doesn't stay connected when I take the charger off. Funnily enough it stayed connected for 5 minutes tonight just after my initial post!! It's as if it doesn't have enough power to connect without the charger connected to it on my arm. Thanks for your help.

I do happen to know the MM re-sets when taken off charge. either that or holding a pin in the reset hole for 60 seconds?
But it shouldn't cause any issue other than maybe "back filling" the data missed for the time on charge away from the sensor. That's how i charge mine. i keep it on an armband, removing for charging & bathing.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hopeful, to be clear I'm not an MiaoMiao user, but if there's e Bluetooth connection you want rid of, then in youe Bluetooth connections, there's usually (in my case anyway), and circled i beside it? If I click or touch on that, it gives me the option to forget the connection.

Once the connection is "forgotten", you might be offered it to connect again, but unless you have your device set up to connect with anything available, that might help.

I'm not sure that's either clear or helpful. Apologies if it isn't.

(If I have a really rapid battery drain, I usually break the existing connections and redo them, on the basis the drain may be from the device (MM in your case) over working, trying to find a reliable connection

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Hopeful34 has your phone updated recently?
There are many threads on the xDrip facebook group about problems caused by an Android update causing problems with Bluetooth. This is most common with Samsung phones (their Bluetooth problems are infamous) but also experienced with other Androids.
There are xDrip updates that have worked around the problem,

As an aside, I highly recommend the xDrip facebook group - they are incredibly helpful.