will i ever get used to this???????????

lindybobs333

hi every one,
im a bit unsure how this all works but her goes, i was diagnosed with type2 about 3 months ago, totally out of the blue, when i look at all the symptoms i had then it was obvious, i must of been having a totally blonde moment lol.anyway here i am 3 months on taking insulin 4 times a day an not accepting it very well i dont want it an just wish it would go away, which i no it wont but not coping very well at all, so just need people to bounce of really an help me accept it . :?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya lindy and a warm welcome to the forum,
it is a shock isnt it? i was diagnosed is 2004 with type 1 after a quick illness, id never known anyone else diabetic and till i joined this forum i felt so alone and lost,
you will be ok i promise, have a good look around and ask as many questions as u want :D
there are many here more than willing to help :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Lindy, I was diagnosed in March last year and put straight on insulin so I have an idea of how your feeling. I would recommend reading everything you can lay your hands on on type 2 diabetes and you will get a handle on it very soon, thats not to say that I am an expert after 10 months but you will be surprised at how quickly things start to slide into place, it can seem overwhelming at first but stick with it and you will soon learn how diabetes affects you and how you can control it.

There are lots of very experienced members here so I am sure that someone will always have an answer to any question you might have.

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Hi Lindy

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis :( but welcome to the forum.

It’s such a shock but there are so many kind folks on here that will help you if they can and lots like me who don’t know very much but are cheering you on. :D