Willpower????

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
I always used to find pleasure in snacking on a packet of crisps or 2. Stopped completely, just tried a couple of my recently pickled onions, nearly blew my head off due to the chillis added as 'extras' but decided they were ok.

They say you can kick a habit in 21 days if you try hard enough. Well, i havnt tried too hard and all sweets, chocs etc have gone, finito, dont need them any more. Booze next!! But that will take a bit longer.

Andy

reidpj

chocoholicnomore said:
Help :!: I need more willpower and I can't find anywhere on the internet to buy it :!: :!:

Seriously though, I need help and advice. The "new diet" novelty has worn off :oops:
Over the weekend I had a box of chocolate fingers, a whole packet of salt and pepper nuts (from aldi's-absolutely delicious), a packet of malteesers yesterday, a twix today and I have lost count of the number of jaffa cakes :!:
I think half the problem is that I "got away with it". :twisted: My fasting level this morning was 6.3 which is one of my lowest.
I keep reading all the success stories on here to spur me on and all the horror stories to frighten me. I keep reminding myself that high BG levels will cause complications in the future. On first being diagnosed I was terrified to go anywhere near a bar of chocolate but now I just feel "where's the harm in one wee bit". Problem is all the wee bits soon add up. I even looked out the Wii fit last night and done 20 mins (it's alot for me) on it.
I want and need to control my BG levels and to lose weight. I keep thinking of the nice wee Christmas number I could buy if I lost more weight.
I have plenty of incentives but I am really really struggling with the willpower.

Has anybody else struggled with the willpower and does anybody have any tips to overcome it?
Or better still does anybody have a spare bottle of it :?: :?:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 22442.html

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
viviennem said:
Douglas99, I use Splenda tabs in coffee ( 1 tab = 1 teaspoon) and granulated Splenda instead of sugar, in cooking. I can't tell the difference - maybe others can.

Like you, I can't get used to coffee without sugar, but I like it with Splenda.

Viv 8)

I thought about it, but I may as well get used to things without sugar in where I can, eventually (hopefully) my taste will change enough to cope.
It must be working, I had a diet pepsi, and thought it was way too sweet a few days ago.

All I need now is the first cup of coffee to taste drinkable!

Dougie22

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
A few years ago, I took 2 sugars in coffee.

I reduced it over quite a long period to 1.5, then 1, then .5 and finally to zero.

Now I can't stand any sugar in my coffee.

If I get somebody else's by mistake I'm almost spitting it out.

Amazing how you just get used to stuff through time.

Persevere!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi Dougie22.
Gradually over a short period of time, our taste buds can adapt and change to tollerate a change of taste.
I used to need two heaped sugars in my morning wake me up strong coffee in my pre-diabetic days.
Now can happily enjoy totally sugar free !
Anna.x :thumbup:

Mothman

Dislikes
Raw tomatoes and arrogant people.
Nearly broke bigtime tonight.

My sister is here for a few days to help looking after mum and she brought some big bags of crisps. I just had to have half a dozen crisps but managed to stop myself from eating any more and by god that was hard.

However, tested myself yesterday then did my sis and she had a higher figure than me so she will be having tests with her Doc nect week. She hadnt eaten for 12 hours. Dont think her lifestyle is that good.

Andy

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Well, it's not been a bad weekend.

Was a bit high last night and this morning, it was either the strip of thorntons diabetic chocolate, the homemade raspberry icecream made with splenda, the baked squash or more likely the bottle of white wine, and I forgot the metaformin last night.
I'll have to re check each one in turn. :)

Today we made blueberry muffins, with a mix of soya flour, ground almond, and less then 1/3 white flour. Six of those after the tuna curry, (with cauli, no rice) and the beer with the curry, and an hour and a half later I'm 8.6. :)