Winter Keepy Uppies Type 2.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done you fitbit folks. I have a garmin fitness tracker. Not able to manage more than 2000 steps a day, but when the red line shows on it I get up and move whatever way I can. I move best in water, but unfortunately that doesn't register on the tracker.
No matter, at last I seem to be shaking off the lurgy. Yesterday I moved trying to catch up on neglected house cleaning. Lovely afternoon so I took a coffee break in the garden, and spotted the first yellow of a daffodil opening in the sun. Simple pleasure, but much appreciated.
Today I waddled along to the oldies gym. Did an hour seated exercise on various machines. I had been considering staying in bed, as the wind and rain were lashing the windows. I would have felt too guilty had I taken a duvet day when I am not really sick.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My yoga teacher is running a two-hour "foot workshop". I've told her about my tingly toes as a T2 and she has promised to do some homework on peripheral neuropathy. She is the only person who has ever listened properly to my description of how my feet feel. The GP hasn't got time and the nurse just does the toe-prick test, pinches the skin on top of my feet and ticks the boxes. At £7.50 an hour including materials my yoga teacher is good value.
There are storm warnings here atm and the sea is very rough. I walked extra fast to & from the shops today and tested the tyres on my bike just in case I dare go for a ride.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sun is out. Storm Doris has left. A bit of pottering in the garden.

Does watching rugby count as exercise? No thought not, so as I am sitting watching it, I will use some of the chair exercises from the gym sessions. Must move more.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Aw Pipp you are fab , just take it easy and do what you can .
My hubby was at Murrayfield , he's a happy man.

DeejayR hopefully it won't be PN and more a posture thing .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
40f2a98158ce1366742c34a0cea0ac2b.jpg

Can't quite believe I have been so busy today . That's my best ever .

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I've done at least 10 thousand steps everyday .
Being good in February , 10 thousand steps , no confectionary or cakes and no red wine .
52f50c8b58c0c846a1f74115a3600602.jpg
a320e890cf9f3a0b68336bdcbf194d18.jpg

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Although it seems redwine and dark chocolate are good for blood sugars

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A splendid couple of days.
Yesterday we spent three hours wandering through nearby woodland, very old like me, plenty of fallen logs to sit on and wildlife to watch.
Today was the nicest day so far this year, sunny and warm and the crocuses all opened. I strimmed the allotment paths, dug a few leeks, went for a cycle ride, pruned some shrubs and mowed the lawn. Energy creates energy!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How are we all? The weather down south is improving so no excuse for me to stay indoors. The pile of shrub and tree prunings awaiting the shredder is growing! On Monday we plan to plant a cherry tree for Mrs DeeJay. Maybe I can have a few too.

Reactions: Pipp

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
*Hums "All By Myself" quietly*
The foot workshop today was extremely useful, I thought. There was about half an hour of gentle yoga and then an hour and a half of lessons on self-massage of the feet and lower legs with a base cream provided, to which we added essential oils of our choice (also provided). We had diagrams showing both medical and spiritual (chakra) points. Mrs DeeJay & I came away with lots of info about d-i-y foot care plus simple exercises such as rolling a tennis ball around under the foot. The aim is to strengthen the feet and ankles and improve balance, "grounding" and circulation. Strikes me that anything that helps us focus and work on areas prone to peripheral neuropathy must be good.
Planted a cherry tree to celebrate our first year in the bungalow.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A walk on the very windy beach. And a bit of tree pruning with the help of next door's kitten.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 323

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DeejayR
So sorry you have been left holding the fort alone.
Shame on the lot of us! Though I do have long term sick note. Desparate to get back to some sort of exercise activity. Spirit is willing, flesh extremely weak.
Though I have started to flex my ankles on my sick bed, and do a few arm lifts, inbetween bouts of snoozing, which are lasting longer than wakeful hours right now as I am truly doped up with meds. Maybe, just maybe I will progress to your tennis ball idea next.

Oh and I do like your kitten pic, even though I am allergic to them. Kittens not pics, that is.

Do you think @Jamrox, et al have started a spring themed thread without us?
Nothing but cobwebs left in this thread.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp I was going to ask the same thing about a spring keepy-uppy. I think we've struggled through winter for long enough and there are lots of spring flowers out now. I do hope you recover steadily.