Winter Keepy Uppies Type 2.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maintenance in garden and on allotment plus the weekly yoga session. Bulb shoots are peeping through. Soon be spring!

Are you enjoying the yoga, @DeejayR ?
You are right spring soon here, only a few more days to shortest daylight hours then light nights on their way. Can't come soon enough for me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Still recovering well from appendix removal and I'm considering supplementing my daily 10,000 steps with some gentle gym work. I've had much more energy this week and the incisions are healing very well.
10,000 steps is a fair few, especially after surgery. Good going!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been so busy not had time to post.
Wednesday was a walk around the town then a Christmas concert, which also involved a lot of walking to venue and back. Pleased that I didn't spend any money at the shops. So as it was a charity concert, chucked a fair few coins in the collection bucket.

Thursday went to oldies gym, then a quick trip to retail park, and a walk, but resisted the urge to spend on useless tat.

Today has been more hospital corridor traipsing for yet another appointment, followed by supermarket sweep.
Have exceeded steps target every day. Don't think I will ever get to 10,000, but I do enough, and well pleased with progress.

Reactions: DeejayR

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
I folks
I've been active inspecting hospital cleanliness all day ( part of my job).
Happy to say the places I inspected are clean

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
15bc4d32fc85b716f31cec0b485bd144.jpg

Christmas shopping then a walk

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pride comes before a fall.
I haven't fallen over, but just as I felt I was getting back to some sort of fitness, I have been struck by a coughy lurgy.
Duvet days until I feel better.

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Not much you can do about it @Pipp , you are wise to listen to your body , you'll recover quicker xxx
Get well soon.

Reactions: Pipp

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Ironed most of the morning so having rest of the day off.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Only walking for me today was to NHS walk in centre. Chest infection, so I claim a week off on sick leave from here.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Had another crack at the whitebells (bluebells, but white) infesting a stretch of the border. The soil is full of tiny bulblets so this is a forever task. My plan is to wait till they've finished flowering, then pull out as many more as poss and plant other spreading things to usurp them during the summer and autumn. It's very muddy :grumpy:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Only walking for me today was to NHS walk in centre. Chest infection, so I claim a week off on sick leave from here.

Hope you feel better soon xx

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Pipp How are you feeling today?
My level of exercise is shrinking fast as the weather closes in and there are fewer jobs that call for any exertion. Shopping today I got soaked on the walk home. I refuse to take the car. I may have to investigate the town's new gym, against my instincts. A poster outside the building depicts youthful types looking fit and one old man on his back who looks as if he's having a heart attack. Guess who that might be ... :oldman:

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Merry Christmas , got a Fitbit and it keeps buzzing to tell me to move , will be my motivation lol

Reactions: borderter

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
8873ca13f7d2970991d1030d7577bb01.jpg

Getting motivated

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm, Christmas does get in the way of the old exercising. But with Mrs DeeJay taking a few days off we've had some nice walks on the beach pebbles and also got stuck into gardening, including pruning one of the apple trees and shredding the offcuts for mulch and compost. Yoga starts again in a couple of weeks. Happy New Year!

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Mrs DeeJay is at home this week so we've had some nice sunny walks on the beach (and lunch in the garden). Then shopping and yoga, and today removing an old fence. It only needed a sneeze to flatten it but there's 80 years' worth of holly and ivy roots in the ground to be got out so that's my task for a few days. Happily a man with a chainsaw has reduced the holly tree trunk and banged copper nails in it to stop it regenerating.
I don't hear anything from the rest of you ... are you hibernating?

Reactions: Pipp

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Howdy @DeejayR .

Good to see you are holding the fort. My sick leave extended to 3 lots of antibiotics and a course of steroids. Still a bit weak and feeble, but at least I am moving from chair a bit more, and even venturing upstairs.
Will be implementing a gradual recovery exercise plan in a few days. Even if that starts with walking to the end of the path and back. About 30 paces.

So where is everyone else?

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Will be hibernating, pulled up on treadmill today, ham string :(
guess I pushed too hard after the break

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Easy does it.
Rain and the trample of boots have turned the ground next to the new fence to a quagmire so no digging today. What a shame haha.

Reactions: Brunneria and Pipp