wireless pumps

Omnipod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you get the Libre via the NHS or is yours self funded?

I was on MDI and wanted CGM as I thought it would offer me better control but was offered a pump instead (Cellnovo), although I am enjoying the ability to tweak for excercise I'm not convinced it's improved my hba1cs yet; but CGM/FGM was not an available option for me at the time as I was told the NHS don't (yet) appreciate the benefits of it.

The Libre is only self funded :) - £100 per month
Hopefully this will be available on the NHS soon

Reactions: 2 people

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I'm on the Omnipod too. Just got it in July last year after my diabetes team offered me pumps for a while which I didn't want (as I didn't want one with tubing). I was lucky that they were happy to get the Omnipod for me even though I am the first patient on it at my hospital. I think whether or not you're able to get it really depends on whether your hospital offers it. I think the Omnipod is great and wouldn't go back to MDI - so far I haven't had any problems with it at all. What I like is that you just press a button and then the cannula self inserts so you don't have to do it yourself (and you don't have to watch it ect!). Good luck and if you have any questions just shout:)

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am hoping that my lovely omnipod will arrive this week - waiting for call from clinic with bated breath...
EXCITING :)

Reactions: 2 people

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Have to say, if Roche get it together and include CGM and something similar to the predictive suspend algo that Medtronic have created for the 640G as part of the insight, I will be gagging for a pump....

tfishuk

It will be worth the wait when your Omnipod eventually arrives, I love mine it is wonderful not having all that tubing, which I seemed to always get caught on door handles

misswhiplash

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It will be worth the wait when your Omnipod eventually arrives, I love mine it is wonderful not having all that tubing, which I seemed to always get caught on door handles

I hope you're right - I am IMPATIENT!
(And also exactly the kind of person that gets things caught on door handles :) )