With all these %s and figures and maths it reminded me of .....

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
I only caught bits of this story on the radio the other day but it had me laughing.
The gist of it is, a new scratch card had to be abandoned because it was proving too difficult for people to understand. The idea was that the card showed a temperature in Celsius and you have to scratch off a panel to reveal a colder temperature. So this one woman ... has to beat -8. She scratches off the panel to reveal -6. She exitedly thinks she's won and asks the store assistant to confirm, which she does indeed do. She tries to claim her winnings but the company refuse and explain to the woman why it doesn't qualify. She told a reporter, "They tried to fob me off with some nonsense about -6 being warmer than -8, but I was having none of it."

I really hope she understands it eventually.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
It's a bit like being in a shop and say the goods come to £4.67p, you say to the assistant that you have the 17p and it throws them off altogether, the tills telling staff how much change to give is a good thing and a bad thing but simple arithmetic seems to have gone out the window, I'm old-school and still prefer the challenge of working things out in my head.

Reactions: 2 people