with insulin --Sugars 23 to 27 - anyone else had this?

FolkyRose1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
people looking down at me as if wondering why l am in a wheel chair (I am in a high risk of falling
I have just returned from my holiday. Sometimes my brain gets a bit vague and forgetful. Diabetes or age 66 or multiple medications? I don't know. I leave sorting tablets and insulin to hubby, normally works well. My sugars are not great between 10 and the sky. On holiday my sugars rose to over 400, l live in Spain and they use 1 = 18 so my sugars were between 23 and 27. Hubby then told me that he had put insulin at top of fridge and he moved it down because he found a little ice outside the box. I was not happy. The only difference l found was excessive sweating on head. I have very short hair but just holding a serviette to back of head left it soaking wet. A towel folded up on pillow was soaked. Only got home this afternoon so l am hoping tomorrow sees an improvement. Anyone else had this happen?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @FolkyRose1
insulin does have temperature mins and maxs -- possibly it could have been harmed on holiday too close to the ice compartment.

have your sugars started returning to normal.
are you on a fresh cartridge now at home that has not been on holiday ??

mod edit -- i have moved your topic to a more appropriate sub forum to help with some support

Reactions: 2 people

Mep

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry to hear you're having a rough time. Do you get heat stress perhaps? I notice my sugar levels go higher with heat. Then as already mentioned there could be an issue with the quality of your insulin too. I can't say I've ever had sugar as high as what you've had though... my highest on my meter was 17 from memory and I almost fainted seeing that. I can imagine that you'd be feeling awful with those numbers. Also because you're sweating so much... is it that perhaps you're dehydrated? I know that too can put my sugars up. I hope you're able to get them down though. It may be worth checking your insulin first though... you may need a new batch or something. I wish you the best. :)