Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
'Insulin Resistance corrected in 72 hours'? I must be reading that upsidedown.

'Its a Tex-Mex staple'? While I have read that there is indeed a little research into cumin (circumin) and its possible benefits re bg Texas has a high rate of obesity and Mexico has a very high rate of T2. And while I will admit that cumin may be beneficial it must surely be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet.

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
If a 1/4 teaspoon of cumin is going to cut my BG by 22 points, what is a point?

Woman's World must be written at the same place as the Daily Mail. I can't take them seriously. Just my opinion.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I would take the claims made in this article with a big grain of salt.
There is no attempt to give the actual papers, volume, year etc from Diabetes Care. The only one I did find was a Dr Petersen gave vitamin D to obese teenagers who were Vitamin D deficient and noted a lowering of their insulin resistance.
The 20 year old paper about fish is presumable there somewhere but given how inaccurately the vitamin D paper seems to have been read I have my doubts.
Huckleberries apparently grow in North America and someone in Perth Australia cultivates them. They look like a large blueberry with a tart taste. There are used in cooking and as a traditional medicine. Who knows where the claim about use in diabetes comes from ???
Cumin, tested by which British scientists, in which journals and how well regarded are these bods?
And who says cheese and peanut butter 'rev' insulin sensitivity ?
I think all the magazine wishes to achieve is increased sales by publishing bunkum for the masses.