WONDERFUL NEWS

Viv0147

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
there isn't much I dislike maybe rude and aggressive people
I was suffering from diabetes 2 part of my treatment was 4 x 500g Metformin at the time and they were not working as they should so it was suggested by my doctor I might need to go onto insulin injections to control my diabetes this frightened me.

So after doing quite a bit of research I came across the low carb high fat lifestyle and in the forums I was reading about amazing weight loss and in some cases reversing diabetes.

Well today my Doctor stopped all my medication for diabetes because I am (NO LONGER DIABETIC)

I am hoping my story will help motivate others

I weighed 17 stone 3lbs = 241 Lbs

I now weigh 11 Stone 10 Lbs = 164 Lbs = 77 Lbs loss

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was suffering from diabetes 2 part of my treatment was 4 x 500g Metformin at the time and they were not working as they should so it was suggested by my doctor I might need to go onto insulin injections to control my diabetes this frightened me.

So after doing quite a bit of research I came across the low carb high fat lifestyle and in the forums I was reading about amazing weight loss and in some cases reversing diabetes.

Well today my Doctor stopped all my medication for diabetes because I am (NO LONGER DIABETIC)

Well done. Unfortunately, they only ever seem to think of medication.

Reactions: Viv0147 and Prem51

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very, very well done Viv.

I can remember you arriving on the forum and like so many of us you were looking for change.

I think I have commented in the past on how different you look, and you look completely different. You must feel amazing.

Again, a big well done.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather

Now that is impressive, don't get too skinny

Reactions: Viv0147 and Prem51

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Amazing results very well done indeed.. I hope you are very proud of what you have achieved.

Reactions: Viv0147

TwoRivers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Obesity.
Brilliant congratulations...but how long did it take to shed six stone? You must be very pleased.

amiga

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations for such a great news. Keep up the good work. Could you tell me how many HbA1c test did you have to take to come to a conclusion that you are non diabetic or you have put your diabetes into remission? It would be great to know for many of us and it is definitely motivating.

Fatsimmo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
fantastic weight loss. Following a routine blood test in January, after an all inclusive holiday at Christmas, I was called in by GP and given a roasting. I was weighed at 17stone 4 lbs. sugar levels high. Warned me if I did not change my lifestyle I would have issues with my feet. like you, read up on low carb diet, started in 2nd week Jan, lost 13lbs by feb 1 st. Looking to achieve 160 lbs weight asap. Your story has given me added inspiration as our weight and goals are almost identical.