WOOOOOO Type1.

Roasterfred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK I admit it's far from a huge success, but it's my first in hopefully a series of. I've been diabetic since age 9 and I'm now 17, a year after diagnosis I ceased take care of my condition, for 6 years thus was the case. However recently, I have been carb counting, test 8-10 times daily. Immediately I felt energised and much happier. I had my first hba1c clinic since taking care of my self, at the 3 months ago my hba1c was 14%+, it is now 10.1% (which I know is still high however it is not possible to reduce it that quickly)
This forum was the lifeline I needed, before visiting I had no idea diabetes burnout existed and further more, I thought I was alone. i've come to realised everyone with diabetes regardless of its type struggles, gets bad results, feels guilty and overwhelmed sometimes. But it's how you deal with that which matters. I thoroughly regret the years I spent disregarding my diabetes. I guess now it's my motivator. Anyway, my bragging is over, thank you guys

Reactions: 4 people

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Roasterfred! That reduction IS a huge success in only 3 months. Keep up the good work and you will get even lower now you are motivated.:)

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Roasterfred. Seems you've got plenty to brag about so keep on bragging. I'm sure a lot of people will find you inspirational.
Keep up the good work and congratulations from an old bloke.:):):)

Reactions: 4 people