Worcester - salad

Splot

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Liars
Well for the last month I have had mostly salads salads and owww salads. I'm bored with salads. I'm trying to avoid carbohydrates (had chilli tonight with less wholemeal rice than normal... yum yum). My husband cooked last Fridaynight! I know see miracles can happen! He cooked sausages in oven baked rolls with onions - how could I say NO! Sometime there is no avoiding!
Too much fruit this week (farting like a brass band). 10 grapes+4 strawberries+ an apple + an apricot or a plum.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm not surprised you are bored with mostly salads. Even with yummy low or no glucose forming dressings - like avocado oil, hummus and apple cider vinegar is my current fave salad dressing. Salads can still just not do it for you if you aren't a vegetarian. And then, successful vegetarians and vegans usually eat those lovely meat-substitute foods for lasagnas and tofu delight types of things.

What's wrong with meat , poultry, and fish and seafood, and healthy fats? - dairy? if you can tolerate it. High meat sausages are pretty good for a low-carber, with no added sugar is best obviously, if you can find them. Or make your own sausage patties and know all the goodies that are in it, like meat, poultry, spices and herbs etc.

But not the oven baked wheat/grain bun - no. for sure. Much easier to avoid eating the bun if you have filled up on healthy fats from meats and veg and dairy.

Nothing wrong with onions! Re our blood sugars. Poor you having digestion probs with fruit! That's bad luck indeed.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's a whole range of low carb vegetables (and herbs and nuts) you can use to eat (often raw and crunchy) as a "salad" as well as the basic lettuce, cucumber, tomato - I probably could eat a different selection every day of the week... And a whole range of meat, fish, eggs and dairy that can go with them.

Low carb eating is definitely not about depriving and limiting yourself to a small selection of soon to become boring foods, you can eat anything and everything as long as it's not high in carbs/starch/sugar - the low carb food world can actually be your oyster if you choose to make it so. I eat better now than I have for a long time.

Robbity