Work & Social distancing

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

I am going back to work next week, I work in a supermarket and a few of my colleagues have told me nobody follows the rules. Since my blood sugars aren't controlled, I cant take any risks I have told my manager I will only return if its safe too. But I still think if my blood sugar arent controlled I'm more at risks? I have called my GP to get a letter but, in general if the rules arent being followed at my work then it's not safe. I know 2 meters isnt easy to follow but, nobody is wearing masks at my work either.

vic hill

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
UNKNOWN IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH .....???
IF IT WAS ME WEAR A MASK POSS IF YOU CAN AND ON THE FIRST DAY SUGEST TO YOUR LINE MANAGER YOU WILL BE TAKING MORE BLOOD TESTS THAN NORMAL AGAIN LIKE MOST FOLK YOU DO NOT SAY IF ON INSULIN /TABLET/OR DIET.
IF PEOPLE ASK why the mask it is you health to protect . i guess after the 1 st hour you will get jibes and the jokes and why ...... all supermarket are under strict rules to keep staff safe to if not keep stumbling and do your own thing
good luck vic
ps GOVERMENT has just told people to wear masks on transport maybe other folk will to