Worried about placenta function on my scan ...

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
so had my 32 week growth scan today baby's weight is fine he's 4lb 8oz .... I asked for a Doppler scan which they did ... my report is really worrying me why is is so below the 50th centile of normal?:-(
My consultant is v blasé generally and just looks at baby's growth ...
help plz anyone had a Doppler scan? :-(

Attachments

• IMG_2198.JPG
    IMG_2198.JPG
    807.1 KB · Views: 478

marie85

Type of diabetes
Type 1
so had my 32 week growth scan today baby's weight is fine he's 4lb 8oz .... I asked for a Doppler scan which they did ... my report is really worrying me why is is so below the 50th centile of normal?:-(
My consultant is v blasé generally and just looks at baby's growth ...
help plz anyone had a Doppler scan? :-(

Hi Tilly_S, firstly thanks for your reply to my previous post & sorry I only got replying to it again yesterday-see thread.

I'm glad the growth scan went well, but sorry your worrying about Doppler. I never paid any attention to my Doppler readings as they only give the measurements in my report and don't plot them on centiles. If it helps you at all my 4measurements taken @ 35wks ranged from: PI 0.82-1.11 and RI 0.56-0.65 - so I had some measurements lower than yours. Like I said mine aren't plotted so not sure of the significance.
Hope you get some reassurance-sometimes the scans despite being 'normal' make us more anxious don't they!...I don't have any more growth scans but my husband has said if I did that I wasn't allowed to read the report anymore because I read too much into it all!!!...think it's our nature to interpret figures isn't it with T1DM! Take care x

joanne75

Sorry to jump on your post but what exactly is a Doppler test, I had my son in 2015 and I never had one, is it normal practice? thinking of a second baby so would like to know if this is something that I could request, cause the whole placenta thing worries me, thanks :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people

joanne75

Search Results

A Doppler ultrasound is a test that uses high frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to measure the amount of blood flow through your arteries and veins, usually those that supply blood to your arms and legs. Vascular flow studies, also known as blood flow studies, can detect abnormal flow within an artery or blood vessel.10 Dec 2015
Doppler Ultrasound Exam of Arm or Leg - Healthline
www.healthline.com/health/doppler-ultrasound-exam-of-an-arm-or-leg
ahh ok thank you maybe I did have one then lol :)

Reactions: Robinredbreast