Worried, Again!

Nikki1111

I hope everything works out for you.....I am seeing the nurse on Monday, and I am going to ask if I can see a counsellor. At the moment I am feeling quite low, my anger outbursts are terrible, i'm feeling frustrated too and very scared. I need to get my head in the right place, maybe I am suffering from slight depression again. I still get very anxious but luckily I haven't had a bad panic attack or anxiety attack for some time. I now have a cold which I'm worrying about......My anxiety is quite high at the moment, looking on the internet at health issues doesn't help as Ive had health anxiety in the past. I really need help!!!!

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dear Nicki1111

I am sorry you are having a hard time of it at the moment.

It sounds like you are letting your feelings get the better of you. Such feelings of anxiety and worry are not uncommon especially in the newly diagnosed. I would guess that the main reason for these negative feelings is uncertainty about how to go about controlling your sugar levels and consequently a feeling of helplessness and apprehension about possible future complications.

It would appear to me that the best way to overcome these feelings is through educating yourself on how to control your glucose, devise a plan how to go about it and then put it into practice.

If you look around this forum you will see plenty of success stories and people are usually not shy in coming forward with advise on how to go about it.

Start by reading the basic information for newly diagnosed in the newly diagnosed section of the forum.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/ind...-Newly-Diagnosed-Diabetics.26870/#post-247834

Anything that you do not feel certain about just ask us to clarify. There are some very helpful people on this forum who never tire to offer advise and the benefit of their own experience.

Set your self small achievable targets and work towards achieving them but do not be disheartened by any setbacks- we all have them.

Pavlos