worried wife

joelcam

I hope you don't take offense at this but your husband needs to get a grip..

There are so many children with this disease that have to do their best to get their heads around it and manage it themselves and it makes me really annoyed to see a grown man behaving in such a selfish way...

Nobody wants to have to do all the things we have to do but if he cannot do it for the sake of you and your 4 year old then what's the point in the relationship...I would inject myself 1000 times a day and prick my finger 1000 times a day and never eat anything other than salad if it meant my boys and my wife will have me around for longer.....I think he needs some counselling quickly.

Not trying to upset you, so sorry if I have but he needs to sort his priorities....if his priority is living an uncontrolled and unhealthy life then I suggest you let him do it alone.

Dobbs

Ellen, I think your husband is bloody lucky to have so caring a wife as you.
I think Fujifilm's suggestion of getting him to write a will is excellent. It's a really confrontational proposal to put to him, but it sounds like shocking him may be the only way left for you. You have a right to know what he will provide for you and your child when he dies.
Other than that, he seems desperately in need of counselling. If he has three children and has given up on living at his relatively young age then there is probably a deep-seated problem that needs to be dredged out of him, and that he may be unaware of. Counselling can help and can actually turn things around. Or couples counselling.
I'm really sorry for your difficulties and hope there will be a way through.