Worried

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
If your kidneys are failing do you bleed from your rectum i am type 2 diabetic 16yrs i was on insulin put on a lot of weight.I found out about a drug called Victoza my numbers were good as I have followed low carb diet for years had a lot of help from this forum and others.but I couldn't loose weight at 17at I wasn't a happy bunny.I lost a stone in the first week a d lost another 2 1/2 at in 6months was very happy then my doctors took me off it as they say it can cause cancer.I was devastated but no way was i going back on insulin so I've adjusted my diet to very low carb and it seems to work i test morning Lunch and night more if I feel the need I am supposed to take 3 metformin a day but mostly i only take 2..now I'm concerned about bleeding i haven't got hemarroids .so wondered about kidneys.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
You need to see your GP as a matter of urgency. Bleeding from from the rectum (back passage) can be caused by internal haemoroids but there could be other causes too. I would advise that you do not delay especially if this is happening every time you empty your bowel.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I totally agree with @Guzzler .

Are you eating plenty of fiber? Nuts or raw veg? Flaxseed I think is good too. How is your bowel movements? Regular?

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
You Must Get To A Doctor To find out Why. don't waste time on forums like this.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
If your kidneys are failing do you bleed from your rectum i am type 2 diabetic 16yrs i was on insulin put on a lot of weight.I found out about a drug called Victoza my numbers were good as I have followed low carb diet for years had a lot of help from this forum and others.but I couldn't loose weight at 17at I wasn't a happy bunny.I lost a stone in the first week a d lost another 2 1/2 at in 6months was very happy then my doctors took me off it as they say it can cause cancer.I was devastated but no way was i going back on insulin so I've adjusted my diet to very low carb and it seems to work i test morning Lunch and night more if I feel the need I am supposed to take 3 metformin a day but mostly i only take 2..now I'm concerned about bleeding i haven't got hemarroids .so wondered about kidneys.
Walk-in centre more help for sure. Let them know any pain and change of diet and when it started.

Kailee56

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Your intestines and kidney are separate systems. They do not talk to each other.
Renal problems do not cause intestinal bleeds, they cause imbalances in your blood chemistry and fluid volumes. You feel lousy and hold onto fluid and get puffy.
Since you are concerned enough to ask, I assume this bleeding is consistent and significant enough to get your attention. If you are seeing red blood, then it is a lower intestinal bleed. It could be an internal hemorrhoid, diverticulitis, or something else. You need to see a doctor for a few reasons.
- the bleed could get worse, a lot worse, if it is not treated. Trust me when I say you do not want to experience worse.
- the bleed may have been going on slowly for a long time and you didn’t notice until now. You could have severe anemia due to slow but steady blood loss. This needs to be corrected and the bleeding stopped.

I hope you have already gone to your health care provider and are now getting treated. If not, please go now so you are safe and healthier.

roseugine

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rudeness loud music in shops cruelty in any form to human or animal.,cold weather being fat getting old
Hi everyone
Sorry taken so long to answer. It seems I've got fissures.I have problems constipation even though I eat loads of vegetables not much fruit as it sends me high.I've started having a small bowl of organic porridge and it's worked wonders does send my numbers up but I try to rush around doing housework or go for a walk with the dog.pleased to say the bleeding has stopped.got cream and pesseries.So all is well for now thanks for the advice

Reactions: Mbaker