Worried

lrostron

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nuts, cheese, tea and coffee
My last Hba1c was 80, I've since been put on Gliczalade (not sure of the spelling) and still on Metformin 1000mg x2 daily. Over the last month my levels have been mid to high teens. I've now got laryngyitis and a bad cough. This will obviously keep my levels high. Is there anything I can do about it? I feel awful. I'm trying to do LCHF but struggle, I'm not overweight and have actually been steadily losing weight over the last 12 months. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

gemma_T1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last Hba1c was 80, I've since been put on Gliczalade (not sure of the spelling) and still on Metformin 1000mg x2 daily. Over the last month my levels have been mid to high teens. I've now got laryngyitis and a bad cough. This will obviously keep my levels high. Is there anything I can do about it? I feel awful. I'm trying to do LCHF but struggle, I'm not overweight and have actually been steadily losing weight over the last 12 months. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Hi, I think you should contact your GP and get an emergency appointment. I’m type one so I don’t really know much about type 2. But your levels are really high and if you are ill they can only go higher. High Blood glucose levels over a period of time can and do cause all sorts of diabetes complications. So please get medical attention, they could have misdiagnosed you. I’ve read about so many people who have been misdiagnosed as type two when they are type one.
Let us know how you get on .
Good luck!

lrostron

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nuts, cheese, tea and coffee
Hi, I think you should contact your GP and get an emergency appointment. I’m type one so I don’t really know much about type 2. But your levels are really high and if you are ill they can only go higher. High Blood glucose levels over a period of time can and do cause all sorts of diabetes complications. So please get medical attention, they could have misdiagnosed you. I’ve read about so many people who have been misdiagnosed as type two when they are type one.
Let us know how you get on .
Good luck!
Thank you, I'm trying to get an appointment and will let you know what happens.

Reactions: gemma_T1 and porl69