Worry

Tita0826

Hi how you doing I would like to know if I'm okay with the test that I did that we could go it came out 6.2 before it was 6.7 I wonder if I could lower it down more to be not diabetic

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome to the forum.:)

If you are just diagnosed you may well feel overwhelmed. That is normal- there is a lot to get your head around. Luckily here there are a lot of amazing people who are experienced and very generous in sharing their knowledge. You are very welcome to ask any question and someone will respond.

I'm not sure I really understand what you are asking. Are you talking about testing your blood sugar levels on a meter or are you talking about the HbA1C test which measures your three monthly average?

I'm assuming you are a type 2 diabetic. This matters- I'm a type 2 so can only speak as a type 2.

You may well be able to lower the reading so that the level is not in the diabetic range. Whether you can ever be not a diabetic well I'm not so sure. There are many people on this site who have got their diabetes into remission so if you are a type 2 diabetic you may be able to aim for remission. As far as I know (a relative newbie) you will never be able to consider yourself a non-diabetic with no need to watch what you eat. You may be able one to to cope with more carbs and have readings in the non diabetic range but if you don't watch what you eat you will end up where you are now.

Have you got a meter? If you don't have a meter I strongly advise you to get one. This is the only way to measure the effect of food on your blood sugar levels so that you can make informed decisions about what to eat.

Tell us a bit more about yourself and your levels as that will allow people to give more support and adv ice.

Welcome!