Worrying all the time

Elaine karen

Hi,

I see from your previous posts you are prescribed Novomix? Are you instructed to take fixed doses?
If you have been advised to take semi skimmed as part of your diet, & it is to your taste? Then stick with with that.

There can be issues with changing diet & using a fixed working profile of insulin in that there isn't the same flexibility one might get with an MDI or pump regime... The fats in certain diatary combinations can delay digestion which in turn could cause a drop as exogenous the starts to work before the BG has a chance to give it anything to work with..?

Testing with your meter is key. Did you mention a while back you use a Libre too?
I'm on novarapid now and tresiba but I've been told to hav 50g of carbs meal times because I lost so much weight. DN said I'm doing well with hbc1 at mo. I was 104 it's now 60

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on novarapid now and tresiba but I've been told to hav 50g of carbs meal times because I lost so much weight. DN said I'm doing well with hbc1 at mo. I was 104 it's now 60

Hi,

Weight loss can happen with type 1 pre diagnosis. The body turns on it's own reserves due to lack of insulin..
I was diagnosed as a kid & the rapid weight loss left me emaciated. It should gradually return.

A basal bolus regime can be more flexible with eating & timing of meals. It will take time to get to grips with how it works for you.
Sounds like you are doing pretty well already.. A steady drop in A1c is preferable. Gives your body a chance to acclimatise to the healthier in range levels.

That's great they have also funded a libre. Which should help you spot BG trends in regards to exogenous insulin complimenting your current dietary regime?

To be fair, if you are finding you spike not long after breakfast? (Cereal & milk just a guess?)
It could also be a liver dump of glycogen into the system after you get up?? Which can't be helped.
I don't do breakfast myself, but it does happen during my morning routine of getting ready for work. It's a natural response.
But I won't confuse the issue by explaining how I deal with that..

Easier said than done; try not to worry.. :) You seemed to be prescribed the right stuff for the job.