Wound care

Paddy88

Hi all I've just had an operation about 3 weeks ago on my shin due to a fb I'm seeing my gp nurse every other day to repack and dressings has anyone heard of over healing before as a type 1 diabetic I didn't think this was possible can anyone confirm that this can happen

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I've just had an operation about 3 weeks ago on my shin due to a fb I'm seeing my gp nurse every other day to repack and dressings has anyone heard of over healing before as a type 1 diabetic I didn't think this was possible can anyone confirm that this can happen
I suspect your post has got most of us stumped. Overhealing ? Never heard of it. An internet search brings up many references to World of Warcraft, so I'm none the wiser. So how does overhealing manifest itself ?
fb ? Femoral break ??

A little more detail may get more response.
Geoff

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all I've just had an operation about 3 weeks ago on my shin due to a fb I'm seeing my gp nurse every other day to repack and dressings has anyone heard of over healing before as a type 1 diabetic I didn't think this was possible can anyone confirm that this can happen[/QUOTE
I think your doctors - will be the best people to talk to if your nurse isn't giving you the information you need.. My sister was prone to keloid scars when she was younger - which I think is a form of overhealing.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Hypertrophic scars and keloid scars are both types of over healing.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
If someone could explain overhealing that would be quite helpful. Thanks.

Struma

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Other
Too much collagen laid down resulting in a raised scar.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Granulation ( new tissue formation) is a key process in wound healing - is over healing the same as over (hyper) granulation?

Paddy88

I've never been a good diabetic tbh and my wound is still very deep but tissue is healing more than it should the nurse said once its heald my skin will form in too another lump which will be extra layers of skin so I'd have to have another operation to remove the extra skin I don't really know what to do doctors aren't really bothered but nurses are

Tone E

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Like Boo1979 says. I have hypergranulation on the side of my finger right now. It's like raw stuff from under your skin and gets infected easily. As with everything else, keeping your blood glucose down is important to help it heal.

Good luck.