1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

wow

Discussion in 'Type 2 Diabetes' started by centaur68, Sep 4, 2017.

1. centaur68

centaur68 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm still new to this, is it "normal" after low carbbing for a while, that having a few more carbs makes you feel like **** & bloats you?

I'd done really well on LCHF after diagnosis, stone & half loss, dropped trouser size pulse & BP down etc.. however having worked at a few festivals recently (very hard to follow LCHF with crew catering) and having my kids for a couple of weeks during school holidays I'm shocked & disappointed that a tiny bit of weight back on & levels slightly higher having had a few more carbs than usual.. had ice cream with kids & it went up to 6.7 droppung back into 5's within the hour, HOWEVER, 2 slices of malted crunch toast sent levels to 7.7 & I felt **** afterwards for ages !!

back following diet/lifestyle as I did before now with intermittent fasting to get get back to where I was..

#1 centaur68, Sep 4, 2017 at 5:08 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2017
  2. AM1874

AM1874 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi @centaur68 ..
    Yes, it's normal .. but I wouldn't stress about it because the type of "life" situations that you have described happen to most people (myself included) from time to time. The best thing to come out of this is that you have made the decision to re-focus on your LCHF .. and to introduce intermittent fasting into your strategy. I'm sure that you will soon be back on track and feeling fine again

Hope this helps

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guzzler

Guzzler Type 2 · Master

Aye, quite normal. During and after my 'wobbles' I have experienced the same kind of things. I've learned from this that I havn't yet come across a food that is actually worth all the horrible symptoms that follow. Mind you, I havn't had a Christmas since starting LCHF yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. letstalk1

letstalk1 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

5. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Yeah. :)
    The more time we spend with steady blood glucose readings in range, the more we feel it when they stray outside those readings.

6. hca

hca Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Completely normal. X

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook