1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Wrong Time Set

Discussion in 'Insulin Pump Forum' started by MStreet89, Jun 15, 2018.

1. MStreet89

MStreet89 Type 1 · Member

Hi I’ve just discovered I’ve had the time set on my pump at an hour ahead for some reason.

I’m a bit confused what to do as if I just change to the correct time, it’ll technically put my basal rate back an hour.

Can someone advise me on how to transition this over? Am I moving the basal rate hourly figures back an hour?

2. ThePenguinPimp

ThePenguinPimp Type 1 · Well-Known Member

This happens to me for some time nearly every time the clocks go back or forward. It depends how different your basal rate is from hour to hour.. mine is pretty similar, so although it did make sense why I was going low if I didn't get out of bed at normal time (when I need more inslin seemingly just coz I'm moving around) it didn't make a huge difference.. Are you sure you didn't set up your pump before the clocks last changed? if so you could have been an hour out from the initial setup and haven't noticed so it probably isn't too much of a problem.

3. mountaintom

mountaintom Type 1 · Well-Known Member

You’re a time traveller!

• Winner Winner x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook