Xbox anyone?

DavidR88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Star trek, overly warm weather, being woke at 6am by the tiny folk.
Hi all, new to the forums and been enjoying the browse and supportive nature of everyone!
I was wondering if anyone spends their downtime playing xbox? I dont get a lot of time to play with 3 young kids but would like to find a few people in similar situations to chill with!
Feel free to drop me a message if you'd be interested!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t know much about xbox gaming, but do know it is not always wise to give personal contact details to strangers on Internet.

Reactions: DavidR88

DavidR88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I don’t know much about xbox gaming, but do know it is not always wise to give personal contact details to strangers on Internet.
I completely understand what you are saying and would normally agree however for many, the basis of gaming is the online aspect and thus requires sharing of gamer names. It is not personal contact details as such however, like I said, I understand your point. No harm was meant in this post, just hoping to enjoy some downtime during the lockdowns with people who might he interested.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @DavidR88 ,

Welcome to the forum.
I was more a Battlfront player on PC back in the day.

But there must be a few console gamers about.

Best wishes.

Play safe.

Reactions: DavidR88

DavidR88

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hi @DavidR88 ,

Welcome to the forum.
I was more a Battlfront player on PC back in the day.

But there must be a few console gamers about.

Best wishes.

Play safe.
Battlefront was an amazing game! Lost a lot of my teens to it!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I completely understand what you are saying and would normally agree however for many, the basis of gaming is the online aspect and thus requires sharing of gamer names. It is not personal contact details as such however, like I said, I understand your point. No harm was meant in this post, just hoping to enjoy some downtime during the lockdowns with people who might he interested.
Cheers. Like I said, I know nothing about the gaming world. Being a bit of a Luddite, I stick to ludo with folks at home. (That is what Luddite means, eh? ;):D)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Battlefront was an amazing game! Lost a lot of my teens to it!

It was a great game..

Just to put a gauge on my age.
The closest I came to gaming in my teens was on a Acorn computer belonging to my younger my sister telling me I'm in a dark room looking for some key? No "DVD rooms" then, loaded from a tape deck?
Prior were cartridge games of "tennis" consisting of two withe lines on a virtical axis deflecting a white square dot.. ;)

How times had changed. Ewok "open season" on Endor. Or American McGee's dark cerabral Alice on PC..

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
It was a great game..

Just to put a gauge on my age.
The closest I came to gaming in my teens was on a Acorn computer belonging to my younger my sister telling me I'm in a dark room looking for some key? No "DVD rooms" then, loaded from a tape deck?
Prior were cartridge games of "tennis" consisting of two withe lines on a virtical axis deflecting a white square dot.. ;)

How times had changed. Ewok "open season" on Endor. Or American McGee's dark cerabral Alice on PC..
Mmmm I can remember that well - how simple was life then :D