XDrip: instructions for using app?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello! I'm looking for an online resource for learning HOW to use the Xdrip app? We understand the very basics, but it is clear the app is more powerful than what we are able to deduce from trial and error. Is there anywhere online that explains the features more in depth?
Would love to understand the "therapy" note in top right corner more.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't think there is. I suggest joining the xDrip+ Facebook page where you can ask questions. There are also some documents in the Files section there. This page of the AndroidAPS documentation may also be useful: https://androidaps.readthedocs.io/en/latest/EN/Configuration/xdrip.html
I've been using xDrip+ for a long time so may be able to help with specific questions.
What do you mean by "Therapy Note"?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello! Great, will check out the link. Meanwhile, I've attached a photo here, circling the little icon in top right of screen. I understand the 4 options that pop up when you touch that, but am missing a piece of logic for using this tool. Is it to use as a goal, or for noting down what we did? My 13 year old daughter does not loop. She has a Roche pump (Spirit Guide) and we use freestyle libre with Miao Miao. Xdrip is on her phone, and via nightscout transmits to us (parents).
The icon right below (notes) we do use a lot. I get that one. ;)
Thanks so much!

Attachments

• 71244968_2574960815892975_1182955381979086848_n.jpg
    71244968_2574960815892975_1182955381979086848_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 581

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
OK. If you click the symbol (a syringe I think) you can enter a blood glucose reading, grams of carbohydrate &/or insulin dose. It will then upload these to Nightscout if you have the Care Portal set up. Really useful for reviewing data.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So it's a way to review data more than anything? Our daughter could use this to let us know when she boluses at school, etc? (We were just using notes for this, the icon right below the syringe.) I couldn't tell if this feature did something else, or if it was just for communicating info between person with diabetes and stalkers (parents) who are following her on Nightscout. ;)
Thx SO MUCH for the help!

Another doubt we have...the xDrip can vary quite a bit (usually not more than 20) between what freestyle reads and what her BG reads at meals when we do actual blood readings with strips*. We do a calibration at meals if the xdrip reading is really off. Is this a logical approach? Or should we do calibrations at a different time or with a different tactic?

*My apologies. I'm a native English speaker, but have learned all diabetes lingo in Spanish since we live in Argentina and diagnosis happened down here 9 months ago. I realize my phraseology can be rather off!

Thanks again,
Alex y Co.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Alex, I use a Dexcom G6 which needs little calibration but from my experience with the G4, calibrating is something of an art! It's a good idea to calibrate when readings are steady as there is always a lag - the Libre reads interstitial fluids not blood, so is behind the blood glucose readings (10 to 20 minutes?). If readings are steady this makes little difference. Personally I don't calibrate at all if the Dexcom readings are close. Also don't forget that BG meters can be out by +/- 15% so sometimes worth doing a second test.
I've never used a Libre but I think the above still applies.