XMAS wasn't as bad as expected

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All, Happy New Year. I have been doing LCHF diet for 12 months now, but I made a conscious decision to suspend it during the 2 week festive period. The results have been coming in, and disaster has been avoided this year. I enclose a PDF showing my journey through 2016, including my meds reduction log

As can been seen, there was a rise of around 2 mmol/l in most readings as a direct result of (a) excess carbs, and (b) dropping one of my Gliclazide tabs (GP approved), so not unexpected. The graphs start with XMAS 2015, so I can see that the spike this year was much lower than last year by around 4 mmol/l

The worst reading group was the pre meal set, which is also my "fasting" reading. The 2 hr post meal readings show as being lower than the pre meals, so I obviously had insulin working. The 4 hr PP was always much lower than all the daily readings, and sometimes entered hypoland, even though I have reduced my meds and increaed protein et al.

So my conclusion is that my body was working quite well, and storing stuff away as required, so I got liver dumps back again to push the average levels up. These seem to be reducing since I have resumed LCHF again, and I expect the levels to fall from now on. Having said I had insulin going like the clappers, I did not put any weight on, and remained at 66.2 kg before and after. Mystery as to where I put it all.

To cut to the chase, a bgl daily average of 7 mmol/l is exactly where my GP wants me to be, I think my body runs quite well at around 5 to 6, so that is MY target for 2017.

Attachments

• annual results 2016.pdf
    325.7 KB · Views: 237
Last edited: