Xpert course.

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was referred to one of these in june this year. Just been told that I " might" be able to get on one in February. My surgery, which has been no help at all, told me I would learn all I needed to know at that this course.

I am really glad I found this site. If you really need the help these courses offer I think you've had it!

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I refused the offer of the Desmond course much to the chagrin of my DN. I'm glad, too, that I found this group, if nothing that it saved me getting mad in front of a group of strangers.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I refused the offer of the X-Pert course because the group leader was my DN !!!!

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Maybe not such a loss. But I have found this group, jason fung and dietdoctor. A woman I met at a retinopathy screening the other day had only used the xpert course for all her research. !!!

Reactions: Biggles2

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
The current version of the xpert course now covers "low carb" as one of the options, but it depends on the precentor if it is put forward as a good option, or skipped over as quickly as possible.

Reactions: dbr10

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understand that the XPERT training (of the trainers) has shifted towards LCHF.
But I also understand that the trainers are only called in for refresher training every 3 years or so.
So I am sure that different trainers, at different stages of training, will be offering different course information.

Plus, of course, each trainer is going to present the information filtered through their own personality, style and diet beliefs.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Things should be improving rapidly. I remember Trudi Deakin saying that she had re-written the courses that the presenters take and it's just a matter of them doing their refresher courses. She is also a total convert and a member of PHCUK and speaks at the annual conference.

https://phcuk.org/board/

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
I bought the Ttudy Deakin book and found it very useful.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am starting to think, maybe we should sign up for our local xpert courses so when asked we can explain how we improved our test results.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am starting to think, maybe we should sign up for our local xpert courses so when asked we can explain how we improved our test results.

My own DN is the trainer on our local X-Pert courses, so not a lot of point in my case - I declined my initial invitation for that reason.

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Maybe. I'm sure though that some are still fairly blinkered and would dismiss what you say.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So what if the person leading the group dismiss it, I was more thinking about how many members of the group could be directed to this website.....

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So what if the person leading the group dismiss it, I was more thinking about how many members of the group could be directed to this website.....
Yes, course. I think the results seem to speak for themselves, so can't be ignored forever. Things are turning in the right direction I think. I'll see how much is mentioned on the update course I'm going on.